1. Tell a bit about yourself
2. What’s are you very passionate about
3. What do you enjoy about life
4. What’s for best thing that’s ever happened to you
5. Describe a typical day for you
6. What’s your goal for the future
7. Where do you see yourself in 5- 10 years
8. What do you think true love means
9. What are your strengths and weaknesses
10. Who inspires you?
11. Do you have any questions for me
1. My name is Hanaila, and I am 19 years old. I am currently a sophomore at Whitworth University with a major in Business Management and minor in Leadership. I love all sports, especially volleyball and tennis. Music is also a big part of my life whether I am singing in choir or dancing hula.
2. I am very passionate about executing great customer service. Being in retail, you do not always have the happiest customers. But, helping people with their everyday needs is something that I want to do for the rest of my life. I love seeing someone’s face light up with joy after I assist them with something as small as showing them where to find a specific item, or telling them that they look beautiful. It is amazing to me how the little things could actually affect a person positively in a big way.
I am passionate about music as well. When you hear a song, it can instantly change your mood or evoke a memory. I believe that music is a language that everyone can understand. Whether I am singing for hundreds of people in my choir or singing solo for a friend, I always try to remember that whatever I am singing needs to come from the heart. My choir teacher says that when that happens, you can help a person to heal, to let go, to feel. That is how powerful music is.
3. To start, I love life itself. It is complicated, ambiguous, and right when you think you know where you’re going, the winds of chance change. But, it is also something you can change for the better if you want to. I believe that destiny and free-will are intertwined. Everyone was meant to be someone; it is up to you to choose who you want to be. For me, the simple things are what I love the most about life. Laughing with my friends, spontaneously jumping into a lake, sitting on rooftops, and hiking to the top of a mountain to see the sunset. It honestly does not take or cost much to make me happy, because my family and friends already make me feel like a million bucks everyday.
4. I have been continuously blessed throughout my life, but having my family’s support with everything that I do is something that I often take for granted. When I wanted to join the girls’ tennis team at my high school, my mom encouraged me. When I cried late at night, by brother held me. When I was unsure of what to do, my sister guided me. I am grateful to have a family that is not only there for me always, but for people who believe that I can reach the sky so much that they gave me wings to fly.
5. On most days, I work an eight or nine hour shift. However, on my days off you can easily find me hiking on trail with my friends, or in my car driving to a place I’ve never been to but always wanted to see.
6. One of my goals for the future is to travel the world. This planet is filled with so many cultures and people, and I would love to learn about them one country at a time.
7. In 5-10 years, I see myself as a store or customer service manager at a major retail company somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I could see myself being happily married, with three cats and two dogs for children. By that time, I hope that I have travelled to at least seven different countries that I have never been to before. Also, buying a beach house for my mom is number one on my adult bucket list.
8. When people ask me what I think love is, I always refer them to the Bible verse 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 because it speaks for itself: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers. Love never fails.”
9. Some of my strengths are that I am hard-working, positive, driven, and not afraid to stand up for someone or something that I believe in. On the other hand, my weaknesses are that I tend to be impatient and extremely stubborn if I do not want to do something.
10. My mom is without a doubt my biggest inspiration. When my parents divorced, she was on her own to raise three kids. She worked three jobs in order to put my sister through college, give me a chance to play club volleyball, pay the bills and have food on the table every night. We never lacked nutrition, support, or love. Someday, I hope to be as selfless and caring as my mother. Without her, I would not be where I am today