1. Tell a bit about yourself
1) I am 17 years old, as of yesterday! I am going to be a senior in high school next semester. My friends would say I’m kind, goofy and outgoing. Right now, I’m working with Kindergarteners at the Summer Program at Boys and Girls Club! 🙂
2. What are your hobbies
2) I love to sing, I’m in the top choir at my high school, and I’ve been in a children’s choir that toured to places like New York’s Carnegie Hall to perform at! I’m also the drum major in my marching band, so I conduct the band
3. What is your perspective view on the world
3) As of right now, I feel like everyone is focusing on characteristics that make us different, and not focusing on what brings us together.. I feel that violence is at a high right now with all of the shootings in the US and other uses of weapons in other countries. But, also at the same time, I feel that the world is coming to a more accepting place for those who want to be different and that it’s okay for you to be who you want to be.
4. What do you think true love is about?
4) I feel like true love is when you have no hesitation to be who you are in a relationship, and that you only change for the better with them because you want to. Relationships are a team effort and you have to both be pulling the same weight for things to work. I feel like your significant other should be someone you consider a best friend before anything else, because if the lovey dovey part of the relationship, or the “honeymoon phase” ends, then you have no actual bond with your partner other than the physical things.. If that makes sense
5. What is something you’ve struggled throughout
5) So far, throughout my life, I feel that I have struggled with many things.. I’ve been through things that I feel has made me more mature than other teenagers my age. But if I’ve learned one thing so far, it’s to stand up for the things that make you truly happy. My sophomore year of high school was the worst year of my life. I wasn’t getting along with my mom, I just got out of a relationship and within two weeks started seeing someone else (and my mom hates the other guy), and my grades weren’t as good as they should be. Everyday was a battle within myself to gain the courage to so what I thought was right. An entire school year passes of me being emotionally defeated everyday, and one day I just decided to go to the police station and the district courthouse to find a way to move in with my dad and start over on a clean slate with him. Fastforward a week following that, I moved into his house. It’s been a year since I’ve lived with my dad, and I’ve never been more in control of my
*stepmom give my the freedom that my mom never did. I have a grades are the best they ever been, with a solid 4.0 GPA all year! And, I’m still with that guy, going strong for almost two years. Things get bad, but I learn to look to the future with positivity and that’s what gets me through the rainy days 🙂
6.what are you truly passionate about
6) I’m truly passionate about making other people happy and helping them out. I feel like that is my purpose in life. The joy of others makes me happy. I love helping people when they need someone to bring them out of a dark place. I preach positivity because I feel that the world is in so much turmoil that we could all really use it!
7. What do you plan for the future
7) My plans for the future are pretty simple.. Go to college, get a degree, get a steady job, get married, pop out some babies, and all of those other things you do when you’re older!! I just know that I want to have a future in which I am in control. I also just wanna travel the world, and eat tons of food!!😂
8. Describe a typical day for you
8) A typical day for me right now is: wake up at around 9:30 and get ready for work, then at 10:45 head to work! I get off at 5, and then I usually go home and take care of my little sister, or go out with friends.
9. Do you have any questions for me
9) What inspired you to do this?